Friday, October 25, 2013

National Flowers Series - Bahamas and Virgin Islands - Yellow Elder/Yellow Cedar/Yellow Trumpet(Tecoma Stans)

This segment of the National Flowers Series is yet another double whammy, the Bahamas and the Virgin Islands with the Yellow Elder flower, also known as Yellow Cedar or Yellow Trumpet Flower. At this point in time I'm doing my best to change up the colour schemes which proves to be quite difficult when the flowers continue to be yellow but I'm making due. With this flower I tried to pull colours from the depth of the flower as you will see in the folowing photo.

Yellow Elder Flower

For this look, I actually have two different lips, I will show the finished look with both.

Look #1

Look #2

Although the lips are different the eyes stay the same, so lets begin with those.
As usual from the inner corner to outer blend the following.

Oktoberfest>Pumpkin Pie>Solar Flare

Crease: Seaside Bronze
Below lower lashline(inner corner to outer): Oktoberfest>Pumpkin Pie>Seaside Bronze

With a black eyeliner(I use Maybelline's Eyestudio creme liner in black) line yourlashline and create a slight wing at the outer corner of the eye. Finish with mascara.
I used a light brown eyeshadow with an angled brush to lightly fill in my brows, as a blonde I don't want them too dark.




Now for the lips, I lent my cousin my nude base lipstick so I improvised with my concealer as a base for my eyeshadows. For the first lip, from the outside to the inside these are the colours I used:
Oktoberfest>Pumpkin Pie>Solar Flare


For the second lip look, I just went over my previous lip with Harvest Brown.


That completes this look.

Look 1



Look 2




1 comment:

  1. very beautiful you are as well the flower you posted is national flower of bahamas. http://www.tripne.com/2018/09/national-flower-of-bahamas.html

    ReplyDelete